The ‘Sammies’ are the annual British Sandwich Industry Awards and we’ve just received some fantastic news: Lunchmate has been shortlisted in the Equipment/Packaging Category for 2018’s ‘New Sandwich Product Award’, which is a great surprise and a real honour.
It’s also very exciting. (You can find out more about ‘The Sammies’ here.)
Obviously, we’re extremely proud of what we’ve achieved with LunchMate, so far, and where we’re heading with it (we have some really exciting developments coming to you very soon in version 3.0), but it’s very gratifying to receive acknowledgement for what we’re doing from within the industry we serve.
Of course, we’re not the only company that have been shortlisted, so it’s going to be a nerve-wracking wait between now and the 10th May 2018, when we’ll be sitting nervously in the audience, waiting to hear who the winners are.
Waiting nervously alongside us will be our two ‘competitors’; Adande Refrigeration Ltd with their Aircell Grab & Go Cabinet and Smith Anderson Group with their ‘Non-Stick Toastie Bag’ for Flatbread or Panini.
We’re really looking forward to the Awards Dinner on 10th May, which will be held in the Nine Kings Suite at the Royal Lancaster London Hotel. Needless to say, we’ve got our fingers, knees and everything else crossed!
Here’s the full list of awards that are up for grabs on the night;
- The Sandwich Industry Award
- The Independent Sandwich Retailer Award
- The En-Route Sandwich Retailer Award
- The Sandwich Convenience Retailer Award
- The Sandwich Multiple Retailer Award
- The Chain Sandwich Retailer Award
- The Workplace & Catering Sandwich Retailer Award
- The BSA Sandwich Manufacturer Award
- The BSA Technical Excellence Award
- The New Sandwich Award
- The New Sandwich Product Award
- The Sandwich Marketing Award
- Food to Go Innovation Award
- Food to Go New Product Development Award
- Food to Go Retailer Award
We’ll keep you updated as to how we get on but, win or lose, we’re just thrilled to have made it to the shortlist.